Our skin is the largest organ in the human body. It protects our vital organs from the harsh outside, and it’s what people see when they look at us. Our skin reacts to what we put in our bodies as well as out; that’s why it is so important to eat a healthy balanced diet to keep our skin looking young and fresh. Elysee products work on the outside to give us a healthy-looking appearance. Here are 5 easy things you can do on the inside for amazing-looking skin!
- Eat the good stuff! Fruits and veggies are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that your skin needs to regenerate and to remain youthful. Also, fish and lean meats have Omega-3’s and fats your body uses to decrease inflammation. Although you can take a vitamin supplement to get nutrients, nothing beats natural nutrients from the food you eat.
- Cut back on processed foods and sugars: Processed sugars cause inflammation throughout the body that release enzymes that break down collagen. Collagen is what gives the skin its elasticity and youthful appearance. Without collagen, your skin will begin to look aged and haggard. Try and stay away from processed sugar, such as white bread and alcohol. Instead, head towards the natural sugars that come from fruits.
- Drink water! Dehydration not only makes you feel old, but it can make you look old too. Your skin needs water to flush out toxins and stay hydrated. Topical moisturizers are always a must, but drinking water will keep you looking and feeling younger starting on the inside.
- Take vitamins: It is important to get as much nutrients from your food as you can, but sometimes that little extra boost with a vitamin pill can do wonders. Biotin, a vitamin B supplement, helps specifically with skin, hair and nails. Biotin is an essential vitamin in every day health.
- Everything in moderation: It’s impossible to be 100% good all the time. Sometimes we can’t resist those couple of french fries or that piece of chocolate cake, and we shouldn’t. Denying yourself something you crave can lead to binging of that unhealthy thing and more. It’s okay to eat a little bit of the unhealthy stuff once in a while, just don’t make it habit. A good relationship with food will give you your healthiest skin and body.
With these 5 tips, you can eat and drink your way to your healthiest skin. You may also see other positive changes such weight loss and a more energetic and confident you!